Public sector procurement is frequently a costly and protracted process that makes it difficult for resource-limited public sector organisations such as local councils, police forces and government agencies to realise the true benefits of competitive procurement.
However, many of the problems can be eliminated by using the procurement frameworks and agreements that have been established by the UK Government through the Government Procurement Service (GPS). These frameworks can help to fast-track the procurement process, realise financial savings, remove risk and complexity from the supplier selection process and ensure compliance with European and UK public sector procurement legislation.
Regency has been registered for a number of appropriate public sector frameworks over time and is currently listed with both the Ministry of Defence Framework Agreement for Technical Support (FATS) Design and Engineering (D&E) framework and with the CloudStore G-Cloud Catalogue. Details of both of these frameworks can be found below.
- achieve large, cross government economies of scale
- deliver ICT systems that are flexible and responsive to demand in order to support government policies and strategies
- take advantage of new technologies in order to deliver faster business benefits and reduce cost
- meet environmental and sustainability targets
- allow government to procure in a way that encourages a dynamic and responsive supplier marketplace and supports emerging suppliers
To provide access to the goods and services that are being offered under the G-Cloud Framework, the Government Procurement Service (GPS) has developed the CloudStore.
The CloudStore is a new way for Government to buy IT products and services. It is an online catalogue of information and communications services available to the UK public sector, and contains details of each of the suppliers and their services. You can use the CloudStore to select the services that best suit your needs.
All of the services listed on the CloudStore are part of the G-Cloud framework so are immediately available for the public sector to procure and use (subject to their accreditation where appropriate).
Regency IT Consulting, the Consulting Arm of Cassidian CyberSecurity, has entries in the CloudStore Lot 4; Specialist Cloud Services, for the supply of CLAS Consultancy.
Digital Outcomes and Specialists
Digital Outcomes and Specialists is a dynamic style framework with the specific aim of helping the public sector buy, design, build and deliver digital outcomes using an agile approach, by procuring the appropriate specialist resource to deliver agile software development.
The agreement is split into four lots:
- Lot 1 – Digital outcomes: teams to build and support a digital service
- Lot 2 – Digital specialists: individual specialists to deliver a specific outcome with defined deliverables on a service, programme or project
- Lot 3 – User research studios: space and facilities to carry out interviews, usability tests and focus groups; watch and record people as they engage with designs, prototypes and live public sector services
- Lot 4 – User research participants: access to a diverse range of user research participants including people who are digitally excluded, as well as those who have low literacy or digital skills, and those who need assisted digital support
Regency IT Consulting provide services under Lot 1 under one or more of the following capabilities:
- user experience and design
- performance analysis and data
- service delivery
- software development
- support and operations
- testing and auditing
- user research